Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data MediaTech.Hub processes, how MediaTech.Hub processes it, and for what purposes.
This statement should be read together with the Terms and Conditions of Use for other MediaTech.Hub products and services. Where there is a conflict, this statement will prevail.
Collection of information
We collect your personal information with your knowledge and consent when you do any of the following (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
Depending on the circumstances and which Service you use, we may collect, obtain or otherwise acquire the following types of Personal Information about you, and we make and retain inferences drawn from such information
(1) Identifiers, such as your name, signature, postal address, zip code, email address, telephone number, unique online identifier, IP address, User ID, and Device ID.
(2) Certain characteristics protected by applicable law, such as gender, marital status, nationality, and country of origin.
(3) Commercial information, such as purchase history.
(4) Internet or other electronic network activity information.
(5) Geolocation data, such as the precise physical location of your Device.
(6) Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as voice recordings, video recordings, physical characteristics or description, and photos.
(7) Professional or employment-related information, such as occupation, employment history and record, and resume.
(8) Education information such as academic record.
(9) While we generally do not obtain other Personal Information that is often considered “sensitive,” such as biometric information (e.g., fingerprints, facial recognition images), financial account information (e.g., bank account, credit, debit or other payment card numbers or other financial information), government issued identification numbers (e.g., social security number, drivers’ license number, passport number, or state identification card number), insurance policy number, or medical, health or insurance related information, we may do so when such Personal Information is necessary to offer you certain Services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- a. Processing Your Requests
MediaTech.Hub will use your Personal Information to process your request for Content, to process your attendance at an event or conference, and/or to process your request for Product(s). For example, if you subscribe to any of our services, we may use your e-mail address to send you a confirmation notice and your mailing address to send you the Product. Similarly, if you enter a contest, we will use your Personal Information to notify you if you are a winner. If you enter a contest or submit Content to us (e.g., a “letter to our editors” or online review or comment), we may also publish your name, screen name, home town and other Personal Information you have provided to us.
- Administering the Service
We also use and share your Personal Information for any lawful purpose in connection with administering the Service, including without limitation for customer service, to help diagnose problems with servers, to improve Products that we offer by tailoring them to perceived preferences, to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, to seek compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients and customers, and to track users’ movements around the Service and elsewhere on the web or across apps and/ devices. Your geolocation data may specifically be used to show you Content (including advertising and sponsored messaging) based on geographic location.
- Access by Third Party Providers
We may allow some Third-Party Providers that perform services for us to access to your Personal Information, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to perform those services. For example, Service Providers help us with technical maintenance, database management, market research, community and forums management, auctions, e-commerce, personal/job search, list rental, data coop management, our Services and recommendations, and other advertising functionality.
- Marketing Communications
We may also use your Personal Information to communicate with you about new features, events or Services offered by us and Third-Party Businesses, including our advertising, marketing and sponsorship clients.
- Health, Safety, and Legal Requests
- Employment Opportunities
If you provide your Personal Information to us in connection with an employment inquiry, we will use your Personal Information to evaluate your job application, and for related recruiting, reporting and recordkeeping purposes. We may maintain your Personal Information on file, whether we hire you or not, to administer your relationship with us and/or for job applicant related reporting and recordkeeping for as long as required or permitted by law.
Lawful Basis for processing your information
We will process your personal information based on any of the lawful basis provided for under the Data Protection Law:
The performance of a Service Agreement with you;
- Legitimate business interests;
- Compliance with a mandatory legal obligation;
- Consent you provide;
- Public interest;
- Your vital interest.
Retention of Information
MediaTech.Hub will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, the need to comply with our internal policy and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Anonymised information that can no longer be associated with you may be held indefinitely.
Disclosure of Information
Any disclosure of your information shall be in accordance with applicable law and regulations. MediaTech.Hub shall assess and review each application for information and may decline to grant such information to the requesting party.
We may disclose your information to:
- Law-enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities, courts or other statutory authorities in response to a demand issued with the appropriate lawful mandate and where the form and scope of the demand is compliant with the law.
- Our subsidiaries, associates, partners, software developers or agents who are involved in delivering Hub services you order or use;
- Fraud prevention and Anti money laundering agencies, credit reference agencies;
- Publicly available and/or restricted government databases to verify your identity information in order to comply with regulatory requirements;
- debt-collection agencies or other debt-recovery organisations;
- Survey agencies that conduct surveys on behalf of Hub;
- Emergency service providers when you make an emergency call (or where such disclosure to emergency service providers is necessary for your rescue, health and safety) including your approximate location;
- Any other person that we deem legitimately necessary to share the data with.